Thursday 4 July 2013

pink lace and ponies

 
 
 
 
 
Winter racing...in sunny Queensland.  So let's face it, not really winter at all.  Still, some ladies made the commitment and wore gorgeous jackets and felt hats laden with feathers and frills.  A large proportion of the crowd were orange hued, with lots of skin of show, confidently displaying their upper thigh/lower genital region.  Thoroughly entertaining.
 
 

 
The races is one of the few occasions I can convince the mister to wear a bow tie. This is super sad because look how cute he looks!
 
 
 
I wore the dress I bought for uni graduation years ago, a lovely 50's pink lace shift.  I bought it from an estate sale where the owner of the house had a wall to wall collection of costume and vintage dresses from throughout the decades.  I think I secretly want the same one day - just to look over all the fabrics and colours and think about the stories behind the pieces.  The daughters who sold me the dress made me promise I'd look after and treasure the dress, and I guess I am.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment