Friday 6 September 2013

flower power dress, a morning walk then down to some serious business

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
What a glorious morning to start the weekend.  In previous weeks I have been extremely lucky to visit home, seeing friends and family for the first time in much to long to think about.  It has left me feeling very loved, satisfied that I am not missing out on too much, a decent amount of home sickness, and exhausted.  So a weekend full of 'normal' is welcomed with open arms.
 
Despite a whole week of having difficulty waking up, on the weekends my body is happy to be up and about at first light (what sick joke is that!).  So down to the beach we go to exercise the dog, or is he exercising us?
 
This number is one of my (many) memento's from my trip home.  I've now got a very keen eye for dresses that can handle the Queensland summer, and this vintage dress ticks all the boxes. I am madly in love with the bright pattern, it MAKES me happy.  Plus I can just about wear anything with it as I'm sure I'll find a colour in the fabric to match.
 
And now I'm back at the house, post our quick walk to the nearest voting booth.  Yes it's election day.  I'm yet to work out if my interest in politics is acceptable or tres uncool.  People seem to be very polarised.  But despite my keen-ness to exercise my democratic right I was a little disappointed by the voting options.  I'm not complaining that the options are all the same, because there are huge differences.  I just didn't realise Australia was so deeply conservative as seen from the number of conservative parties ('Stop the Greens' Party??? Are you kidding, a whole party dedicated to stopping another Party whose most dangerous ideas is protecting whales etc??).  I think I had this idea that  Australia was progressive, but I tells ya, I'm not feeling so confident.  I guess I just don't want to be embarrassed on a global level, is that too much to ask?
 
 Anyway, shake off that serious face Alice, you're getting frown lines.  And it's still a glorious weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment