Sunday 19 May 2013

autumn bloom



You'd be forgiven for thinking it's spring here, but no, I'm not on that side of the world.  I'm even getting the all too familiar sniffly nose and itchy eyes from allergies.  But the greenery and flowers are worth suffering the pollen.

Told you this number would get a work out.  Candy-stripe 50's dress in the lightest cotton.  Sandals are from Spain somewhere and are the type that give you nothing but pain for a month, and then are like a second skin.  My satchel and cardi are thrifted and I picked up the earrings from the Brisstyle market.

The mister calls this my 'light bulb' moment.  Well played.



So this is when we went for a stroll around the Brisbane botanic gardens at the foot of Mt Coot-tha.  I'm loving cacti and succulents at the moment and am slowly trying to fill the corners of the house with them.

I've a had few thoughts on safety: no cacti on bedside tables or near light switches where searching hands might find them eeeek!














3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog!
    I love those flowers, such vibrant colours! It's still pretty winter-ish here. Half of the flowers are out, some are out but not too alive.. Can't wait for june! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful pics are you from Australia too? I am in Brisbane getting nice and chilly now isn't it. Nice to find another Aussie blogger thanks for stopping by my blog!
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks so much! Yup, I'm new to QLD, in Rockhampton at current, from Bendigo, Victoria originally. Definitely getting chilly at night now! Keep in touch x

    ReplyDelete