Tuesday 7 May 2013

to market


Last Sunday was definitely a food dedicated day.  Ollie (our furry baby) and I went to the market earlyish to grab the better produce.  Ollie loves the market, especially the dog toy stand, and is guaranteed to get plenty of pats off passersby.  Despite wrangling with the lead, bags and money, I managed to get a decent haul....


And yes they're pomegranates.  The fellow at the market said you can use the peel to make a tea, which I'm keen to give a go.  He says it's good for your skin, but he didn't need to convince me.  He had me at tea.

I was inspired to spend the afternoon cooking!

I roasted some beetroot and sage - I'll add walnuts, fetta and spinach for a salad.

  

 
And completely forgot how messy beetroot is. Such a beautiful colour, but maybe not on my hands.


I also made a tomato, roast capsicum and chilli relish which was super easy and delish - you really should try it.



The cauliflower in the fridge made a soup, just boil it up with some sautéed onion, chicken stock and a bay leaf.  Puree in the blender and serve with some little bits of bacon or cheese.


And roasted pumpkin for...well I always plan it to be for a salad or pasta or to be mashed into a tasty soup.  However it rarely survives the short time cooling from the oven.  It's so sweet and delicious and ....


oops, it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment